5 key wealth strategies for those looking to start their wealth creation journey in 2023
Building wealth is a long term game and it starts from the foundation. You can’t build on shaky ground – here’s what you need to know.
- Welcome – not financial advice.
- Inherently means we are looking at low cost start up investment options.
- First thing to mention it is near impossible to start this phase of wealth creation if you haven’t mastered the first C in wealth – control
- Creating wealth without first mastering the major pitfall that most people fall in their finances;
- Increase your expenses in line with income
- Abuse of credit cards to buy things you don’t really need
- Ignoring debts and not effectively managing your money – credit card example
- Failing to effectively save
- Sacrifice short term for the benefit long term.
- Building wealth is a long term game and it comes from the foundations up. You can’t build on shaky foundations
- Various news outlets report that 70% of people who win a lottery or get a big windfall end up broke in a few years, quoting a study by National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE).
- Strategy 1: Invest in yourself:
- Personal education, you are your best investment. Assets, jobs can all be taken away but no one can take away the knowledge you have built.
- Now in the digital age there is a wealth of knowledge available to the masses at relatively low cost.
- Podcasts – massive store of free knowledge on all subjects.
- Books – cheap access to subject matter experts, billionaire level knowledge
- Social media content – in amongst the videos of cats falling off stuff there can be hugely valuable
- YouTube – when we started out in property I gain a huge amount of knowledge from that
- Chat GPT – can write you a curriculum
- Networking – free events. Fair warning usually an upsell.
- Learning earning and yearning. Merge then learn, constantly learning to grow the earning. Retirement is fallacy.
- Strategy 2: Stock and Shares:
- Good long term play to build wealth with relatively small cash pots
- You need to create money to invest, but you can do this from as little as £500 initial investment and £50 per month. Over time you can build up a decent fund.
- Invest via a self managed platform like Hargreaves Lansdown or Vanguard. Transaction fees are very low and you choose what index to invest in.
- We are talking here about an index as opposed to individual shares, as these are inheritantly riskier.
- Something like the S&P 500 – The Standard and Poor’s 500, or simply the S&P 500, is a stock market index tracking the stock performance of 500 of the largest companies listed on stock exchanges in the United States. It is one of the most commonly followed
- Since its inception in 1957 average annual return is over 11%
- Example if you invest a starting pot of £1k and then £100 per month thereafter 10 year £25k after 20 years you would have £75k based on a 10% return.
- This type of investment is not designed to make you rich but it does start to create a decent investment pot
- Invest through your stock and shares ISA and you can invest up to £20k
About Your Host
Alex Robertson is a self-made property investor and businessman. He comes from a financial background, gaining a degree in Accounting and Finance and then going on to qualify as a chartered management accountant. Alex is one of Co-Founders of Real Estate Wealth Development, a group of companies in the property industry, with over 200 buy to let properties, training company, construction company and development business. He is also the co-author of the book Fast Track to Property Millions.
About Real Estate Wealth Development – how we started and grew a 200 property portfolio in 2.5 years.
REAL Property Community – join our exclusive Facebook community. We host events, post training videos, and answer member questions.
Check out our book, Fast-Track to Property Millions
Get In Touch
Follow Alex on social media, reach out via email, or complete the form to contact Alex directly.